Jaago Hudson is a survivor-led movement that aims to raise awareness and remove the stigma surrounding sexual abuse and violence in the South Asian diaspora by harnessing the power of survivors using community circles.
Our vision: A community where all forms of sexual assault, violence, and abuse do not exist.
- Honoring the dignity and worth of all people- Jaago believes every person, while unique, deserves to be honored with respect, dignity, and care, despite individual differences across genders, cultures, religions, etc.
- Confidentiality and integrity- We will maintain confidentiality and integrity in all aspects of our work and when interacting/collaborating with members and allies. By doing so, we will ensure the preservation of a space that feels safe to the community we serve.
- Social Justice- As an organization, we stand against all forms of oppression locally and globally.
- Liberation- Through collective power and capacity building, Jaago works towards liberating all who experience multiple layers of ongoing and historical oppression.
- Collective Memory - We will honor our collective history and validate the stories, traumas, struggles, and oppression of those before us.
- Holistic Approach- All aspects of Jaago’s work will prioritize communal healing and therapeutic methods that will be guided through restorative practices.
- Individual Well-being- Jaago prioritizes self-care and self-preservation above all. Our work is fighting against patriarchal systems that have existed for hundreds of centuries. Abolishing these systems will require consistent and sustainable efforts that can only be attained through loving and caring for yourself.
- Gender Equity- The focus of our work will always work on creating systems that promote gender equity and address gender-based issues locally and globally.
- Accountability- We hold ourselves and our allies responsible for the work and initiatives we produce and ensure that it aligns with our vision, mission, and values.
- Accessibility- Ensuring that our work and services are accessible by all, especially individuals who are socio-economically and culturally disadvantaged from accessing resources in our community.
Jaago Hudson is fiscally sponsored by Columbia County Sanctuary Movement. Any contribution will appear on your statement as Columbia County Sanctuary Movement, but will be delivered directly to us!
Dhonobaad, (ধন্যবাদ /Thank you) for believing in survivors and supporting Jaago’s vision to create a community where all forms of sexual assault, violence, and abuse do not exist. We create systems that promote gender equity and address gender-based issues locally and globally. Our work fights against patriarchal systems that have existed for hundreds of centuries. Abolishing these systems requires consistent and sustainable efforts attained through loving and caring for oneself and the community.
Your gift will support survivors of abuse/violence, end cycles of trauma, promote communal healing, and create a space that feels safe for everyone.
Ba Tashakor(با تشکر/In thankfulness)
The Jaago Hudson Team