From affordable immigration legal services to language injustice in the courts, CCSM’s legal support program works with our members to navigate complex legal systems and processes.
Our legal support includes:
- Case management and systems navigation
- Referrals to pro-bono legal organizations and/or trusted private attorneys
- Accompaniment for court appointments, transportation, and preparation
- Access to bilingual notaries
- Interpretation between clients and attorneys
- Coordinating cases between criminal and immigration attorneys
- Free legal clinics with partner organizations
- Post-sentencing support
In 2021, CCSM launched our in-house immigration legal service program after we were recognized by the Department of Justice as an organization authorized to practice immigration law. During our second year of recognition, CCSM supported 237 community members. Our trained staff have represented clients for DACA renewals, DACA-related advance parole applications, and initial TPS applications. We are working on expanding the number of accredited representatives we have and the types of cases we offer representation for.
We’re taking ownership of the immigration process, and helping people to create their own stories. Because we provide so many other support services, we are able to see the whole picture, which enables us to find avenues traditional legal programs may overlook.
We have staff members with Department Of Justice (DOJ) accreditation, who are prepared to guide people through their journey of renewing their applications for DACA.
How it works:
- Please watch the three videos below, which teach you what you need to know to apply for DACA.
- Gather the documents described in the second video, “What documents do you need to apply for DACA?” Remember- the more prepared you are, the sooner we can get your application in!
- Fill out this form to be notified when we are open for appointments.